Alternative methods, difficulties, and designing a way forward.
It comprises of 3 structured sessions of 1.5 hours, on-line, over three weeks with Barry McCarthy and an international cohort of like-minded leaders.
Optional 1:1 coaching and reflection session with Barry McCarthy after the course.
- Exclusive access, with a maximum of ten participants, to maximise your learning experience and directly engage with the Facilitator.
- Access to the learning management system with session notes and recordings.
- Online community platform.
Register two or more team members to secure a 10% discount.
Register for two workshops in the series at a time to secure a 10% discount.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This workshop series is not targeted at a particular role, or size of organisation. The methodologies presented can universally apply to any situation: individual, managing a small team, a small company, a department, or large organisation. There are no prerequisites.
A continuously improving strategy deployment method is the best way to build a superior management system.
The outcome you should expect is to be able to confidently and logically decide on the best strategy deployment method for either you or your organisation. You will also learn how to create an initial plan to get you started from fresh, or improve your current methodology. There will be an opportunity to start creating a strategy deployment plan during the workshop.
No matter how strategically aware you are this will be an opportunity to reflect on your current thinking and to learn something new from others.
WHAT ATTENDEES WILL LEARN
It comprises of 3 structured sessions of 1.5 hours, on-line, over three weeks. and an optional 1:1 coaching session after the course.
Session 1 (1.5 hr online)
There are many different strategy deployment methods and they all have different characteristics, weaknesses and strengths. Session 1 will review the five main methods:
- KPI Management,
- Management by Objectives, (MBO)
- Balanced Scorecard, (BSC)
- Objectives and Key Results (OKR)
- Hoshin Kanri. (HK)
Along with hybrid combinations of these.
The other topics covered will be:
- the language of strategy deployment
- common definitions and terminology
- common misconceptions
There will also be an opportunity to engage by asking questions and sharing experiences of your current strategy deployment method.
Session 2 (1.5 hr online)
In session two we will look at the common difficulties that all strategy deployment methods suffer from, ones that you may be experiencing, and the techniques used to overcome them.
Other themes of this session are:
- An outline of the Critical Success Factors (CSF) for good strategy deployment.
- How to ensure vertical connection with the strategy creation process
- How to ensure vertical connection to the daily management processes
- How to create horizontal cross functional cooperation
- The influence of the architectural design of your organisation or business.
- How to ensure that your strategy deployment connects to other business systems.
- How to use PDCA & KPI management to support Continuous Improvement of Strategy deployment.
Session 3 (1.5 hr online)
Session three builds out the points covered in the first two sessions to incorporate them into a deployment plan.
This is an action planning session where you will have the opportunity to work along, in open dialogue with the facilitator, in creating a plan to deploy strategy.
The methodology will be left to the participant:
- you can build from scratch, or - work on improving your current deployment strategy.
- you can follow one of the methods discussed in the course, or
- develop a hybrid from the different methods, or
- make up your own.
This will be facilitated as a team activity to build a framework to manage the implementation of any strategy, punctuated with questions.
Note: It is not to create a business strategy. But a plan to roll it out smoothly into a managed system.
As this is an introductory course there will also be an opportunity in this session to discuss your own personal development - how to deepen your understanding and skills - if this field of strategy deployment is of high interest to you. It will include a discussion of the next steps for your organisation.
Session 4 (1 hr online)
Is an optional 1:1 coaching session after the course to answer any questions arising from the workshop or your subsequent action plan.
Barry's career highlights include Plant Manager and Continuous Improvement Manager at Goodman Fielder and his most recent position with Toyota. Barry has worked with the Manufacturing, Sales and Corporate Arms of Toyota in Australia. With a grounded engineering background Barry has also implemented continuous improvement in food processing, manufacturing, packaging, printing, and front of house food service and management. In addition to the practical experience Barry has completed a Master degree in Applied Positive Psychology, Graduate Diploma in Business, Diploma of Training and Assessment, Diploma in Competitive Systems and Practices. Interestingly Barry’s first degree was civil engineering.
OTHER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
AME Australia is a not for profit association. We may charge a small fee to cover the cost of administration.
You can become an AME member from $200.
This event may be cancelled by AME for any reason. AME is not responsible for incidental costs incurred by registrants.
AME may take photographs during events and may use those photographs for AME’s purposes.